Home - Tibet Travel Tips - Tibet Entry Permits

Tibet Entry Permits

Tibet Travel Permit (TTB)

Tibet Entry Permit, also known as TTB Permit, is an official document issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau and a must for foreign visitors to visit Lhasa and other cities in Tibetan Autonomous Region. Tibet is slightly more complicated when it comes to travel permits than elsewhere in China. Due to the restriction of the numbers of foreign visitors, Tibet Tourism Bureau officially issued the permit to the foreigners who will travel in Tibet. No foreign visitor can visit Tibet without holding the Tibet Entry Permit in their hands. Tibet Entry Permit is not available for independent travelers. You have to travel in tour group and ask legitimate travel agency to apply it for you. We are glad to help clients whose Tibet tours are arranged by us obtain the Tibet Entry Permit. Please prepare the following information before we help apply the TTB Permit: 1) Full name 2) Passport Number, 3) Nationality 4) Gender 5) Date of Birth 6) Occupation. (All exactly the same with your passport).
We are glad to make all arrangements to help obtain the necessary documents if you book Tibet tour with us. The cost of Tibet Permit includes government charges and service fees, which will be included in the Tibet tour quotation we give. An absolute minimum of five working days is required to apply your Tibet permits. If you book a Tibet tour from abroad, we may ask for up to one month to arrange Tibet permits. Please note that we do not offer "permit-only" service if you do not book Tibet tour with us. And we are not responsible for any cancellation of your Tibet tours if you are refused to get a Tibet permit by the Tibet Tourism Bureau. There are other two kinds of Tibet permits you may need for Tibet tours apart from Tibet Entry Permit (TTB Permit):
Alien's Travel Permit (PSB Permit): it is required if you want to travel to the closed areas in Tibet, which you can obtain after arrival in Tibet.
More details about Alien's Travel Permit: http://www.itourstibet.com/alien's-travel-permit.htm
Military Permit (Permission): you have to obtain it if you are planning to travel to some military sensitive areas in Tibet.
More details about Tibet Military Permithttp://www.itourstibet.com/tibet-military-permit.htm

My Questions *We welcome and appreciate your questions & reviews

User Comments

Question:Hi. Could you help me obtain the Tibet travel permits? I would like to travel to Tibet independently and book hotels on my own. Would that be OK? Besides, do I need other specific permits or documents if I want to visit Mt. Everest Base Camp?

Answer:Sorry, the "permit-only" service is not available. We only help the clients, who book tibet tours with us, apply for all necessary Tibet travel permits. Alien’s Travel Permit (PSB) is required if you want to visit Mt. Everest Base Camp. We have Tibet tour packages including E.B.C. Welcome to have a view.

Question:Hi, My husband was born in Tibet but now holds a New Zealand Passport. He has a visa for China and is planning to fly to Chengdu then up to Lhasa along with two other people. Are you able to facilitate obtaining a permit for Tibet? And if so, how long will it take and what do you need from us? Many thanks.

Answer:Hi, we only help the tourists who join in our Tibet tours to apply Tibet Visa. For the detailed information and all the documents you need to obtain a permit to Tibet, please refer to our column of Tibet Entry Permits. Feel free to contact us if you need any Tibet travel service.

Question:We are thinking about a trip to Tibet in July. What permits do foreign tourists need to travel to Tibet? How do I get a Tibet permit?

Answer:These are the common questions asked by the foreigner friends. You can get detail information about Tibet Entry Permits on this website below, please check! http://www.itourstibet.com/tibet-entry-permits.htm